January 24, 2007

Reds get Saarloos

!!!

Not a huge move, but I have always liked the Athletics in terms of their pitching. They know what they are doing and they have solid contributers. I like this guy and I enjoyed watching him every now and then for the A's. The Reds are debating whether to use him as a starter or in relief. I would opt for the former. He would be a decent starter, a good #4 or #5 and I believe he has the potential to keep getting better. I think he will fit in very well and play well for us. That's the hope, anyway. What did the Reds give up? David Shafer, a pitcher from Double A. Not a huge deal at all. A deal well done. I'm pretty excited about it.

Also, the Reds signed Mark Bellhorn to a minor league deal. The guy's fallen off the map, but he was a decent player back in the day. And thus continues Krivsky's fascination with the oldies.

No comments: