January 24, 2007

Mavericks 111, Magic 95

Not much to compain about here. When you win 21 of your last 22 games, you're doing pretty well. The only team in the NBA that I remain afraid of are the Suns. Not the Spurs anymore, though I should. And not the Lakers, though I should. I think the Mavericks are the best team in the NBA, but I think they are susceptible to being beaten by the Suns more than anyone else. I don't know, call it a hunch. Nowitzki went off, scoring 33 and rebounding 10 for a sweet double-double. He is clearly back to being the man in charge. Just another win. I don't really know what to say. Either Nowitzki scores the most or Howard does. If Nowitzki scores the most, Howard scores in the mid-20's, which he did tonight with 25. The Mavericks usually win the rebounding war, which they did tonight. They usually shoot better from the floor, which they did (56-43%). They started off hot, taking a dominating first quarter lead. They used to do that a lot and hadn't been doing it as much, but they went back to that tonight. I mentioned to my girlfriend last night that it's boring sometimes. It's actually annoying for the Mavericks to win, and that makes no sense to me since I am a huge fan. It's hard to explain. It's just great scoring, great teamwork, great defense. Every night. It's hard to complain, but something makes me nervous. I wish they would translate this sucess into the postseason. And they did that last year, by dominating the Grizzlies, and by beating the Spurs in the best series of the year and then finishing off the Suns. And then they lost all their magic against the Heat. Not much else to say. Goodbye.

No comments: