March 3, 2007

Raiders in free agency

HUGE goings-on today, primarily just because Tampa Bay is emulating Oakland (which I've said before) but doubling up on them as they acquired TWO of the top veteran QB's in landing Jeff Garcia and trading for Jake Plummer. The deal with Plummer is that he may retire. If not, the Bucs have Plummer, Garcia, and Simms. Ridiculous. I mean, that's all it is.

The Raiders did not do much except cut Tyrone Poole and restructure the contract of Barry Sims. The Sims thing had to be done, and I'm glad it was. I'm glad he was man enough to get it done, he must see some light at the end of the tunnel. Poole was a true vet, but didn't do a whole lot for us. That's how it goes in this business. Langston Walker was lost to free agency today, and not too many people cried about it. Just because of the porous offensive line last year, though I think Walker could be (and has been) good at times. We'll miss his blocked kicks, that's for sure.

No comments: