March 3, 2007

Maple Leafs 4, Devils 3 (Shootout)

Blah blah, there was a game, blah blah CAM JANSSEN IS T3H 3VIL MAN!!!!

Not that I'm arguing for Cam's behalf. I didn't see the hit, nobody liked the hit, and I can't condone a late hit on a guy who is completely unaware that it's coming. Cam got his 3 game suspension and thousands-buck fine. It works out. Everyone is flipping out about it, because it was bad I'm sure. I can't help but think some of it is due to anti-Devils bias, though. It seems a little too thick, a little too vibrant and passionate and maybe overdone. I don't think the Devils needed any more ammunition, Mr. Janssen. Thanks anyway.

As far as the actual game goes, it was pretty interesting. People told me to beware the Maple Leafs, but I said to them, "Maple Leafs?" I mean, you're talking about the least intimidating mascot of all-time, right? And they punched me. Hard.

They scored 3 goals. And then 3 goals in the shootout. To have them get 4 goals overall. That makes sense, right? Maybe, maybe not. The Devils also got 3 goals. And 2 goals in the shootout. To end up with 3 goals.

Brodeur was doing fine with shootouts until this game. He let in every goal. Every stinkin' one. The Devils had this game, then allowed a collapse and gave away 2 points. At least they hung on to get 1 of them back. The Devils have to play well. It's crunch time. The Penguins are not going away, Tampa Bay is crazy right now, Buffalo keeps winning. The East is going wild, and so is the West, which makes things pretty flippin' exciting.

Get back to winning, fellas.

P.S. How was Marty the second star of the game?

No comments: