March 20, 2007

Preview of the rest of the Devils season

I know nobody really reads this, especially the hockey section about the Devils, so there's no point in me telling you to go read something. And the person that will read this is the person I am linking to, so they've already written it and don't need to read it. But I'll do it anyway because it's worth looking at.

John F writes about the rest of the regular season for the New Jersey Devils.

He paints a pretty grim picture of things ahead, but actually ends up being more optimistic than I would have thought. Looking at it, all the challenges and the hurdles, I am very pessimistic. The Devils could end up as low as #5 in the East, after holding #2 forever. But hopefully they can maintain #2. It all starts tonight against Toronto. It's the beginning of the home stretch and the Devils, amidst their poor play and nagging injuries at just the wrong time, need to win.

1 comment:

John Fischer said...

Being in #5 would be rough since that pretty much means facing Ottawa in the first round without home ice.

However, considering that so many teams are literally fighting for their playoff lives; perhaps that should be considered before lamenting the Devils' recent plight. Yes, losing the division to Pittsburgh would suck and suck hard; but even if the Penguins leapfrog NJ, it won't be a large lead and there's still some time left before the season's over.

I guess I'm optimistic because it does me no good to be pessimistic; I can't control the Devils, so I just hope for the best, I suppose.