March 2, 2007

Oakland News & Notes

It's everywhere, folks. Actual important news first.

The Raiders signed Tommy Kelly to a one-year deal for $1.35 million. This takes care of almost the entire defense, if not all of it. This is a good deal and was the right thing to do, as Kelly would have been able to test free agency waters. Time to focus on the offense.

The Broncos got EVERYWHERE BETTER by getting Dre Bly for Tatum Bell and George Foster. Bell is good, don't get me wrong. But the Broncos have at cornerback Champ Bailey (who I can't stand) and Dre Bly (who I like a lot but now I have to hate). There is no other team anywhere close to beating that combination, and oddly enough, the Raiders are close to being one of those teams chasing.

Some guy named Charlton Keith, who was on the Browns practice squad last year, signed with our beloved Raiders. Yes, the CLEVELAND BROWNS. Practice squad. Hmm.........

Apparently, this Jeff Garcia thing is gaining a lot more traction and looking a lot more apparent than I gave it credit for earlier. I have nothing against the guy, I would just be skeptical (and rightfully so, yeah?) of having another journeyman QB come in and play a year for the Raiders. Some people say this move actually signifies selecting JaMarcus Russell with the #1 pick. That would make me feel better about it. But what about Andrew Walter? Is last year the whole basis for making him a career Tuiasosopo? I hope not. And, what if Russell is not the savior we all believe he is? Then we're in trouble, folks.

This is hardly worth reporting, but Daniel Graham, former tight end of the legendary Patriots, is scheduled for a visit. If the price is right, better do it.

Sports Illustrated reports that "The Trade" with Green Bay, Rodgers for Moss, has never even been talked about. That's what I love about the Internet, the stupid rumors fly and anyone can get away with anything pretty much. Stupid kids.

No comments: