February 14, 2007

NLC Rankings

Red Hot Mama weighed in, and I just couldn't help myself after seeing it:

  1. Reds
  2. Brewers
  3. Astros
  4. Cubs
  5. Cardinals
  6. Pirates
You will not see another order like this by anyone else, so take a good look at it. I don't mean to be rude, but what the???

The Reds, as much as I desire them to be #1, will simply not win the division. It won't happen. I would LOVE to be wrong here, but I don't see. The Brewers are better, that's true. But how much better? And I have a hard time thinking they will improve too much when so many of the other teams are better than they are. The Astros, to me, are the team to beat. I don't know why. I just feel it. Call it a hunch. The Cubs will be infinitely better. The Pirates will obviously be last. The big issue to me is the Cardinals. From #1 to #1 to #1 to 5th place??? And for what?? They didn't get THAT much worse, that's for sure. They always contend and they always play well. Once again, I would LOVE to be wrong and have them be bottom feeders, but it just won't happen.

I hate making predictions, because they are never right and invite criticism. But I guess that's the point, as I did just criticize RHM. But give her this, she put it out there. It's definitely original. But here's how I roll, as of Valentine's Day 2007, with #'s 4 and 5 being interchangeable.

1. Astros
2. Cardinals
3. Cubs
4. Brewers
5. Reds
6. Pirates

No comments: