January 8, 2007

Raiders coach

Here's the short list thus far:

Rob Ryan (Defensive Coordinator - Oakland Raiders)
John Shoop (Offensive Coordinator - Oakland Raiders) (even though this article says otherwise)
Steve Sarkisian (Asst Head Coach, QB Coach - USC) (Former Oakland Raiders QB Coach)
Tom Coughlin (Could-be Former Head Coach - NY Giants)

As will no doubt be the case, I stand behind the decision to pick Rob Ryan. And JaMarcus Russell with the #1 pick, unless we trade down due to a sweet deal. Just NOT a longsnapper, please.

2 comments:

gcp said...

I have heard Shoop is not a real candidate, and that Mora and possibly Green are interested. Do you have inside info? (first time I have read your blog)
thanks

Tim Mo said...

Mr. Peters, I appreciate the comment. There is debate that Shoop is not a real candidate, as the article I have linked indicates, and others have said. But that is not to put anything past the Raiders. I would say Mora is not for real, but Dennis Green might be, if only a pipe dream because of him working with Randy Moss. It's hard to say if Moss will be with the team, and if he is not, I wouldn't expect Green to be there either. I will expect he will be interviewed though, to keep with the rule of interviewing minorities.