January 23, 2007

ALERT: Lane Kiffin is new Oakland Raiders Head Coach

I know nothing about this man. I know who Monte Kiffin is, that's for sure. I'm highly skeptical. Some people will point to the youth and say it's a good thing, but that's one of the biggest things that I'm skeptical about. 31 years old??!!?? Sheesh, man. I hope Al knows what he's doing, and I like Al Davis, but it's hard to like how he's handled things in the last few years. This surely seems like a stretch pick. I would have liked to see Rob Ryan as HC, that's no doubt. But it makes sense from the Raiders standpoint to leave him in charge of a defense that needs to be as good as they were. Oakland was focused on an offensive head coach the whole time, so Ryan was automatically not on level interviewing ground. We'll see how it goes. What a difference a year makes!! Art Shell, the history of the Raiders to some guy who just got done teething. Hey, it can't get much worse. I'm sure you'll hear that line a lot.

2 comments:

Calico Jack said...

TimMo - I think that the more you look into Kiffin's background, the more you will realize that he could be a rising star in the coaching ranks. He is a football lifer just like his dad. He also has been mentored by 2 of the brightest offensive minds in college football namely Jeff Tedford and Norm Chow.

Tim Mo said...

Maybe, CJack, but tell me you were more than a little surprised. 31 years old??!!??